TriMet: Portland Oregon PMLR DBE Technical Support Services
Donaldson Enterprises participated in TriMet's technical assistance program development.
- Identified local and nationwide resources to interview, created interview questions and measurable items such as, level of training, cost, logistics, quality and results.
- Identified longevity of programs, level of commitment and level of success of each technical assistance program
- Researched and reviewed literature and disparity studies, compiled all results, and submitted a comprehensive report with recommendations accordingly.
- Conducted DBE site visits reviewing documentation and submitting reports
- Interviewed DBE businesses on Portland to Milwaukee Light Rail Project
- Conducted and Facilitate Focus Groups of DBE’s regarding their experience in contracting on the PMLR project.
- Provided all necessary services to ensure comprehensive compliance with TriMet’s DBE Program by the professional services and construction contractors for the Portland to Milwaukie Light Rail Project
Other duties included but were not limited to:
- Assisting TriMet staff and managers in reviewing contractor’s documentation of their DBE utilization and workforce programs, and performing all required DBE monitoring activities
- Provide all necessary reporting and documentation as required to comply with Federal, Local and Agency requirements
The Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Transit Project will create a light rail alignment that travels 7.3 miles, connecting Portland State University in downtown Portland, inner Southeast Portland, Milwaukie and north Clackamas County.MAX service on the alignment is scheduled to begin in 2015.
“Donaldson-Enterprises has been instrumental in providing services to contractors working on TriMet’s Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail project. Suzanne is knowledgeable and diligent in her approach to resolve complex issues. She is a pleasure to work with.”
-Monika Johnson, Representative, Diversity & Transit Equity